Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Guernica 3D

Professor Sexson just emailed me one of the coolest things ever! It is a Youtube video of a 3D rendering of Picasso's Guernica. After watching this video, it feels like I have been transported into Guernica and into Dionysus' initiations. I feel like by recreating this wonderful painting into a 3D video, the myth of Dionysus truly has been relived, just like our Cave Man myth of last week. When watching this, I could see people lifting their arms in agony towards the gods. I could specifically see mythological characters from Ovid. It is even more certain in my mind from this that war and initiation are amazingly similar. I truly encourage all of you to watch this video. It will blow your mind as you will be able to find mythology in something that is based off of a factual war. Mythology really is the origins of the most amazingly horrible and beautiful events of life (i.c. war, birth, and death).

No comments:

Post a Comment